The mission of BLUElab is to build a network of project teams to effectively share knowledge and resources between teams to undergo the socially-engaged design process to implement socially, economically, and environmentally sustainable technology.
We hope to see BLUElab teams reflect our values throughout their projects utilizing a strong, supportive community. We will strive to be a leader on campus, preparing students to practice socially-engaged design and think through every aspect of an issue. We will develop conscious leaders who impact industry, government, and academia through their commitment to social responsibility and sustainability.
- Adapt - Having the ability to constantly reflect on projects to meet the ever changing needs of community partners and current events occurring.Be comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Engage - Communicate within your community and those around it to learn from others about cultural differences and key values.
- Include - Ensure all voices are heard at the table, and coming from all backgrounds.
- Reflect - Actively think about whether or not BLUElab’s actions match the values we set forth.
- Grow - Projects should be sustainable within the community with the ability to continue to be implemented within the community without the presence of the BLUElab team.
- Be thorough - Agree to a thorough and well-thought out process. Take precaution with the choices being made to ensure quality results. Projects should be executed without compromising future need through consideration of society, culture, economy, and the environment.